Disclaimer:

This blog does not represent the views, beliefs, traditions, etc. of all Pagans. This blog does not claim to be 100% correct, nor does it claim to have every answer. This blog represents the personal views, beliefs, and morals of one Pagan. This blog represents the belief system and spiritual journey of one Pagan. The blogger in charge of this blog is not looking for followers or others with the same outlook on life. The blogger believes that every individual is exactly that, an "individual;" with individual beliefs, individual paths, and individual outlooks on life. The blogger stresses how important it is for people to discover their own spiritual paths, their own system of beliefs, and their own morals.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Wicca - A Stepping Stone In The Journey Of Spiritual Realization



Looking back now, it seems that Wicca has always been a factor in my life. I always knew I was different than those around me. The Catholism I was raised in never sat comfortably to me, and I questioned the faith more than any other child my age. I was always hungry for more faith-based knowledge, and it seemed to me that the Catholic leaders at the church and school I atteneded would always cloud the facts and twist the faith to how they saw fit. The faith itself was quite facinating, and although I never bought into the idea that a man was born from a virgin and lived his life in purity, and that his death resulted in the forgiveness of sins worldwide, I still found it all intriguing none the less. Catholics always seemed, in my opinion, to look down upon anyone whose beliefs strayed from their strict, pre-set ones. I realize now, that not all Catholics are like this, and I most likely was just surrounded by snobbish people in general. I couldn’t ever understand why all other faiths seemed to be wrong in the Catholic eye, when in reality, everyone was praying to the same god, and wanted the same things: salvation, afterlife, forgiveness, peace, hope, etc. I realized that, despite the attitudes and behaviors of the Catholics around me, the more pressing matter was, I wasn’t buying the who “Jesus” character, which is basically the foundation of Christian religions. I mean, it’s called CHRISTianity…
So, Christian religions were pretty much a no go. What little I knew about Judiasm and Muslim didn’t seem to flatter me either. I do regret not looking more into Buddhism. But it seemed nothing really fit into my beliefs. Or moreso, my beliefs didn’t fit into a religion.
By the time I reached eighth grade, Harry Potter had began to make a pretty large mark on literature. No, I’m not comparing Harry Potter and Wicca. Not in the least! But I was very intrigued by magic, spells, and things not so…normal? I stumbled upon Wicca by looking more into magic, and I took a fancy to it from the very beginning. I was surprised at how many Christian traditions were adopted from old pagan traditions. I liked the concept of the Threefold Law (Golden Rule, for all you Christians), and that there was beauty and magic in everything. The world was a temple to be cherished and thanked everyday! AMEN!
Finally. Finally I found a place where I felt like I belonged. But the tough journey was ahead of me. I was so naive about it all. Young and innocent. I didn’t know then that I would struggle with belief conflicts with my parents, my faith would be tested more times than fathomable, that I would be teaching myself all the knowledge about Wicca, that it would slowly eat away at the weak relationships I held with family and friends, and how stressed all this would be, thrown onto my shoulders at once.
But I would not change my decision for the world. Nothing has made me happier than my decision to part ways with Catholism and start a new journey down the road of Wicca.

No comments:

Post a Comment