Monday, August 12, 2019

The Literary Pagan

About six months ago, I left my job at the local book store for bigger and better things. There are times I miss it, and today I had a moment that made me long for times ago when I found myself joyfully surrounded by book, and happily stocking up on photos of said books to throw on various social media platforms for my job. I really do miss doing that.

However, I have never regretted my decision to leave there, and I never will. There were many reasons for my departure - all very valid - but I mostly chalk it all up to "bigger and better things." It's not a lie; the job I currently hold is definitely bigger and better. But there were a vast amount of strikes that solidified my decision.

In the times I do miss it, I often find myself wandering the store again; this time as a customer. I'm always reminded of how right my decision is, and I always leave feeling more confident in my departure. But I cannot deny that there is a hole in my heart that can't be ignored.

That hole is for books. Being surrounded by them, being in awe of them, inspired by them - it just isn't the same when I'm not around them constantly, and my love for them, although not dwindled, has been ignored.

I happened to be nominated to participate in an Instagram challenge that involved sharing a photo of books that you love, every day for seven days. Easy enough. HA! Yeah, tell a book lover to pick just seven books, and you're asking for trouble.

Anyway, it sparked a photo-taking frenzy that has spiraled into the creation of an Instagram account dedicated completely to books. Yeah, I may be a little bit crazy, but it's a thing now.

Long story short, I wanted to share it with you, because I'm tying it to this blog via brand.

So humor me and check it out. Who knows, you may just find something that sparks your own interest and passion:


1 comment: