Disclaimer:

This blog does not represent the views, beliefs, traditions, etc. of all Pagans. This blog does not claim to be 100% correct, nor does it claim to have every answer. This blog represents the personal views, beliefs, and morals of one Pagan. This blog represents the belief system and spiritual journey of one Pagan. The blogger in charge of this blog is not looking for followers or others with the same outlook on life. The blogger believes that every individual is exactly that, an "individual;" with individual beliefs, individual paths, and individual outlooks on life. The blogger stresses how important it is for people to discover their own spiritual paths, their own system of beliefs, and their own morals.

Friday, January 30, 2015

The Pagan Experience - January Weeks 1-4

Week 1: Resolutions

Spirituality (Spirit):

  • Start a coven
  • Become active in the pagan community
  • Practice daily
Career and Work (Air):
  • Find a full time job
  • Find a job in my field of work
  • Find a job I enjoy
Relationships (Fire):
  • Have date nights
  • Celebrate 1 year anniversary
  • Get married
Health and Fitness (Water):
  • Exercise daily
  • Learn to love my body
  • Get to 150 lbs
Home and Hearth (Earth):
  • Pay all bills by myself
  • Move out of my parent's house
  • Decorate with spirituality


Week 2: Personal Practice

I am 21 years old, and almost starting a new for the umpteenth time in my life. Over the past summer, I did a lot of internal searching, for what, I’m still not sure. But I redefined my beliefs, realizing that I may not even be Wiccan, but that my beliefs ran parallel to it. Tis all well and good in the end as I would rather not be bound to one organized religion. I have my own way of praying, thinking, thanking, and living. I don’t wish for those things to be dictated by the set belief system of a given religion. So I’ve come to the point of simply saying I’m an Eclectic Pagan. It is about as far as I can simplify it. My views are very parallel to Wicca, and it is comforting to know that the past nine years of my life haven’t been in complete vain. I continue my studies of Wicca because quite frankly, I can still feel at peace with calling myself as such, despite the internal knowledge of knowing that I’m not 100% there.

This summer, after a lot of soul searching and redefining my faith and beliefs, the world became brighter, more colorful. I could see every shade of every color. I could see the colors combined to make new colors. Everything is beautiful and I’ve been in complete awe since.

The August after I redefined it all, for the first time, I prayed specifically to my Goddess. As I stood naked in the shower, the water falling warm, yet cool on my skin, I asked her to wash away my sins. I closed my eyes and imagined all the flaws, impurities and sins slipping down by body and then down the drain. I got out of the shower, not feeling much different. I was sad, hoping to feel lighter, happier, and I wondered if it had worked at all. I went to bed quiet and lost in my thoughts of my prayer.

Week 3: Deity and the Divine

The Goddess:

I believe the Goddess is the creator of right brain activities, such as art, music, nature, creativity, inspiration, etc. I believe that people who have an active right brain are closer to the Goddess than to other deities.

Week 4: A and B

A:
  • Athame
  • Alchemy
  • Altar
  • Amulet
  • Arcana
  • Aura
  • Astral
  • Astrology
  • Abracadabra
  • Attune
  • Augury
B:
  • Bonfire
  • Bane
  • Banish
  • Beltane
  • Besom
  • Binding
  • Blessed Be
  • Bloodstone
  • Bloodmoon
  • Bolline
  • Black
  • Book of Shadows
  • Broom
  • Broom Closet
  • Burning Times

No comments:

Post a Comment